US Mail Supply carries both a surface mount and a recess mount key keeper. These USPS approved key keepers are commonly used to give mail carriers secure access to the key of a locked building so they can deliver the mail, although they can also be used for residents of a building to access a key.
Key keeper features & specifications
- Key keepers allow the U.S. Postal Service, or others, to access a key and gain access to a locked building to deliver the mail, etc.
- Choose either USPS access (lock is provided and installed by your local Post Office), or private access (unit arrives with a commercial lock installed)
- If ordering a USPS access keykeeper it is strongly recommended that you obtain approval from the local Postmaster regarding the use and location of the unit
- Standard finish is Anodized Aluminum. Also available in Dark Bronze. Click HERE to view the Key Keeper Color Chart.
- Extruded aluminum construction
- Available in recess mount (installing into a hole in the wall), or surface mount.
- Exterior dimensions: 6 3/4" high x 6 1/4" wide x 2 3/8" deep
- Interior dimensions: 4 7/8" high x 4 1/8" wide x 2" deep
- Rough opening for recess mounted keykeepers: 5 1/8" high x 4 3/8" wide x 2 1/4" deep
- Click here to view or download a drawing and installation instructions for our KK Series Keykeepers