Customizable 1700 Series Rear-loading Private Use Horizontal Mailbox
- The 1700 Series rear-loading horizontal mailboxes feature a standard mailbox compartment size of 5” high x 4” wide x 15 ½” deep, are for private mail distribution only, and come standard with an open back. Also available for an upcharge is a locking hinged rear door equipped with a commercial lock for access by mail delivery personnel
- 1700 Series horizontal mailboxes are not USPS Approved. If you are looking for USPS Approved horizontal mailboxes, click HERE to see the new USPS Approved Versatile™ Series 4C Horizontal mailboxes, or click HERE for USPS 4B+ compliant horizontal mailboxes (for replacement purposes only) – Check with your local Postmaster prior to ordering to determine the appropriate mailbox style for your application!
- These are rear-loading mailboxes – Mail delivery person accesses the inside of the unit from the back
- Our 1700 Series modules are grouped in combinations of 7, 8, 9, or 10 compartments high, and 3, 4, 5, or 6 compartments wide
- The 1700 Series Horizontal mailboxes are rated for indoor use only and are not warranted for outdoor use
- 1700 Series horizontal mailboxes are constructed from all-aluminum extrusions and materials. Include snap-on trim free of charge
- Our horizontal mailboxes come completely assembled, and include all mailbox locks, with 2 keys for each lock (1000 key changes). Combination locks are also available for an upcharge
- These 1700 Series Horizontal mailboxes are recess mounted only and require a minimum of 17” of wall depth
- Choose from either 5/8" high engraved door identification (up to 6 characters) – Click HERE to see a picture - Or clear plastic number slots – Click HERE to see a picture
- Available in Standard Clear Anodized Aluminum. Also available for an upcharge in Dark Bronze. Click HERE to view Color Chart.
- Mailboxes shown below all contain the standard sized tenant mailbox compartments of 5” high x 4” wide x 15 1/2” deep. For an upcharge, customized units are also available with a wide variety of configurations, including different mailbox sizes, outgoing mail compartments, parcel lockers, or slots in the mailbox doors. Please call our highly trained staff for configuration assistance if you do not see what you are looking for here
- To see shop drawings, including rough opening and overall dimensions, please click the corresponding product below and look for the drawing link in the “Features” section for each item. Please call us for shop drawings of multiple unit installations or if you require customized mailboxes
- All of our 1700 Series horizontal mailboxes are built to order, and therefore are not returnable
US Mail Supply carries a variety of rear-loading private use horizontal mailboxes. From 21 doors to 60 doors, all with different heights and widths. With a lot of sizes to choose from, you’ll find the perfect mailbox for your establishment:
- Apartment complexes
- Military bases
Each size contains a lot of compartments in a small space, making efficient use of your wall space. If our sizes are not suitable for your needs, customized units are also available. You’re getting a secure, mail-safe, heavy-duty piece of mailing equipment no matter which size you choose.
Tenants of office buildings or dormitories expect a seamless, secure experience when it comes to retrieving mail. The 1700 rear-loading horizontal mailbox is constructed from all extrusions and materials, for tenant’s security.
Easily Accessed Units
Each unit has an open back allowing easy access to all mailboxes at the same time. This feature makes the rear-loading horizontal mailbox unique from the other indoor mailboxes and much easier for your local post person to load rather than having to load each compartment individually.
The equipment/supplies here at US Mail Supply are designed to make delivering and retrieving of mail easier than ever. If you have any questions about the rear loading horizontal mailbox or about customizing your unit please contact us right away.
Contact the indoor mailbox specialists at U.S. Mail Supply today at 262.782.6510 or 800.571.0147 for more information.