US Mail Supply carries Florence Versatile 4C mailbox suites which are designed to meet or exceed the USPS specifications outlined above and in the *Federal Register/Vol. 69, No. 171/September 3, 2004/Rules and Regulations POSTAL SERVICE, 39 CFR Part 111, Standards Governing the Design of Wall-Mounted Centralized Mail Receptacles.
ADA Compliance – the USPS 4C Standard includes a requirement to meet Americans with Disabilities Act** (ADA) standards. (See pg. 53,809*) The ADA section that covers clear space and reach dimensions is noted below and can be found here.
ADA Standards for Accessible Design, ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES FOR BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES Appendix A to Part 36 – Standard for Accessible Design Section 4.2 Space Allowance and Reach Ranges
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ARCHITECTS, SPECIFIERS, DESIGN LAYOUT PROFESSIONALS AND INSTALLERS – All 4C Units shall be designed such that they are in compliance with the following installation requirements:
- At least one customer compartment shall be positioned less than 48 inches from the finished floor
- No parcel locker compartment (interior bottom shelf) shall be positioned less than 15 inches from the finished floor
- No tenant lock shall be located more than 67 inches above the finished floor
- No customer compartment (interior bottom shelf) shall be positioned less than 28 inches above the finished floor
- The USPS Arrow lock shall be located between 36 and 48 inches above the finished floor
Shop USPS approved mailboxes available for sale from U.S. Mail Supply.